Mirror Image

Friday, May 31, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I swear.
It is like you know me.
Better than I know myself.
When I look in the mirror alone.
All I see is a little girl.
Unfamiliar to me.
This girl wears a mask
To hide who she truly is inside.
A fake smile.
To hide the sorrow.
When you are there
It is like a force drawn.
Same tastes.
Same kid of hate.
Musical intellectuals
We know who and want we want.
Yet we go for something
More complicated.
Only we understand it.
Its like a record hit.
I don't literally see you as my mirror image.
I see the emotion that is beneath it.
I see the personality underneath it.
Similar yet different.
Something that doesn't linger.
Our friendship will never hinder.
They wont know what we see.
What we have been through.
Only you know me, in a way.
You are like my mirror image.
Tainted by an amazing friendship.
And a deadly attraction.

0 comments: