The Moment

Monday, June 26, 2017 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I have shut everyone out since I left
Since everything. I close the door on everyone. Maybe except a few people
You, possible
I am not sure because I know of you
We work, we live, we breathe 
Maybe you understand.
Maybe you don't.
That day, that day, that day.
Though means nothing 
Means actually something
Because I opened up to someone
Maybe I was already completely open
Fragile and already broke
But holding on by a mere thread.
I'm a awkward  and everyone seems to leave
Goes away and disappear
Somehow, you actually talk to me
Surprising because you would run too just like everyone else
Through the hurt and pain
You came over
Outside of the normal routine. 
Even through what we went through separately. 
I somehow found something in you to like
Maybe it was already there. 
And when we kissed
And when we kissed
I felt fear, pain, and heartbreak. 
Maybe it eased out individual pain a little. 
However your lips are like a sweet taste of wine. 
Though exaggerated and being embarrassed
For that moment, I didn't have to think much.
Think about the pain that had been caused to me by others.
The heartbreak
The way I'm overlooked by everyone
The outcast
But it was that moment
The moment I enjoyed. 

0 comments: