I Can't Explain It

Sunday, June 04, 2017 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I awake every morning
Wishing to be kind-of normal. 
Am I the only one?
Probably not
To the rest of the world
I appear normal
I'm a mysterious combo that will confuse the human mind. 
With OCD and a bit of a germaphobic
I continuously have to be moving
I got to keep busy
Keep myself occupied 
Or that feeling will set in
The feeling I have to explain to others
Why I barely can not get out of bed
Why I randomly begin crying and don't know why but in actuality I do know why
I know a hell of lot 
I just can't explain it
I can't explain the way I feel or why I feel 
It is complicated
It is simple 
Only when it's deciphered    
If the right one can decipher it
No one has been able to
Or at least handle the emotional factors
Of how I feel from day to day
I get sad and I get upset
Sometimes a bit a silent rage
Trying to explain that is like hitting a rock
No one gets it
It can't be prayed away
By a spiritual being
It can't be wished away
Like a magical being
This isn't magic
It's life
It's my gifted mind trying to make sense of my generous heart
And surely those motivational quotes 
Don't do it for me
They are all over Facebook and Instagram
I want something relatable not something that relates to everyone else.
Don't treat me like I'm normal
But don't treat me like an outcast.
Don't make me last
Because I rather be first
Possibly first in someone's mind
Then there's the feeling of nervousness 
It doesn't get easier more or less
It just happens
When I'm around people
Or if someone of interest comes along
It can feel like my heart is coming out my chest
Or just drop down to my stomach
I can't explain it.

0 comments: