Cresent Moon

Saturday, June 24, 2017 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I've always been know to keep it in
Kept it to myself
Knowing no one will listen or bother to hear me. 
My heart is so fragile it breaks at every emotion I feel. 
However, I don't need saving
I've been doing it all on my own from the beginning 
Even with the world on my shoulders
I've kept it together and ultimately have no choice. 
I don't utter emotional feelings anymore
It falls upon deaf ears
I write it down on paper so I don't have the words circling endlessly in my mind.
My mind is stronger than my heart sometimes as if I'm a shell. 
But somehow there is that bright crescent moon. 
I can't reach it but I do see it
In that one instance my smile doesn't seem so fake
But it is ever so shy
I actually see you though the corner of my eye. 
But I remain quiet 
It's not much but it gets me through
Ultimately, you have been hurt just as such
So I will feel selfish to utter anything too much. 
I'm nervous most of the time so I keep it to myself and I hide like a scared little girl afraid of the dark. 
However, with everything, I embrace the dark and walk alone trying to make it to something familiar.
Not missing a step but not stepping on any cracks.
Diverting to something else, a distraction as you will. 
I will admire from afar
A crescent moon attached to my name
And go about as if it is nothing. 

0 comments: