The Old Love I No Longer Can Hold, The New I Can Learn to Love

Thursday, August 10, 2017 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I returned my heart right where you left me
And the engagement ring you gave. 
It's little a bitter, sour taste but so bittersweet. 
However, I can't hold on to it and without words I left it there along with the air I once breathed of you.
Believe it or not, I had to withstand the emotional burden of not being enough
Like a piercing knife through the artery. 
With all honesty, you left my heart battered and bruised 
Squeezing the life it once had and the motivation it once thrived.
I didn't want to be your princess or your queen. I just wanted to be your equal. 
No crown needed.
I have gotten over the emotion pain that lingers from what used to be us.
Most of the time, these things happen 
Like the first menstrual. You never know when it will begin or when it will end but it happens.
Then something does happens.
Someone unexpected and to actually put forth the mental effort 
To call me beautiful when I feel down 
To ease my OCD issues and anxiety
See, what you did is broke me down and send me back
Like traveling back in time to when I was 3 years old
In which I do not have much memory
Except crying and nap time
I cried so hard I went to sleep
And when I awaken, I cried some more.
Now he came along somehow
Or maybe he's been there this whole time.
I don't know.
He takes me to the places you could not
He travels a little over 100 miles to see me.
That's devotion to where he mends what was left of my heart. 
Where the heart meets the fragile soul
And strengthen it with a needle and thread. 
See, I can't explain to you what I'm feeling
Where you couldn't accept, he accepts all
And I mean my crazily impatient, overthinking flaws.
So don't come back to me saying you actually still love me because I do not believe you. 
You miss what used to be us and it is too late. 
I have already forgiven you from the beginning. 
Maybe you will let go one day because I already have for my sake and for someone else to come and take its place.

0 comments: