Viewing Me Face Value

Monday, August 14, 2017 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I'm not perfect and I'm not strong on the surface. Why there is such joy of hurting me
And then make utter excuses that it is was my fault to begin with. Why the hell it always had to be my fault. Why can't I be loved with all my faults? I have plenty. For example, my OCD. I challenge it. Rearranging things asymmetrically but then going back to fix it again and again. How about my constant overthinking. The same things repeat in my head over and over. Sleep, move over. That probably won't happen tonight. How about the last one. You said you understand me, that you "got" me. I thought you were the one. I thought you were the one. I thought you were....the one. Support was what I needed and I got none. I must be some damn jackpot. A prize to be won. Then another comes along. Challenging ever thought I have. Asking all sorts of questions in my brain. Rambling and rambling. I almost closed the door and you stuck your foot there telling me to "open the damn door". Is this real? Is this happening to me? You see me face value. This inferiority complex. I'm scared out of my mind and my heart racing trying to understand it all at once. But damn, you came to challenge my heartbreak and make it disappear. I have problems with being happy but you make me smile to the point it hurts. The loneliness doesn't kill me anymore because you step in and take control. I stand on my own two feet but break apart at the seams. Yet you call me beautiful and say you are happy I exist. I want to be under the stars where nothing matters and for a split second, I'm calm. I'm calm where I'm not overthinking too much. And that is when I am with you. You are like that one bright star in the sky. 

0 comments: