Continuos Mending and Re-mending of A Tainted Heart

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I try not too
But I always smile and laugh on the outside
Completely different on the inside
This heart of mine
Which has been shattered and broken way too many times.
Picked up the millions of pieces
Glue it together
With clear, quick-dry super glue.
Sewn together with thread and leather.
Then held in place with colored duck tape
Wrapped around several times to keep in place
Wear and tears slowly
As I continue with this life of mine.

No purpose in mind
Just out to satisfy and please others
With no thought of wanting
Anything in return
I care to tend to other people's feelings
Before handling my own dealings.
My so-called happiness I rarely even seek.
Forgiving is by nature
Generosity, no hatred.
No second thought on my mind
No ounce of regret.
Whether society deserves it or not.
I treat everyone all the same.
I'm satisfied
When I put myself out there
And help everyone else.

Even when everyone thinks differently
Pass judgement, so senseless.
Stick up for what I believe in
Even if it costs me my own life.
Sometimes, that is how it is.
It is a continuos rotation
Heart peeling
and re-mending
As I satisfy the needs of others.

0 comments: