As A Broken Doll, Odds And Ends

Sunday, June 30, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

You won't break my heart.
I would have to break it first.
Heart moving fasting.
Such a beautiful disaster.
In this skin
So breakable
These old wings
Burn these strings
These old things.
Life a tight rope
And these burdens
Only apart of who I am.
No remote.
To tell me I'm beautiful.
Fragile I am.
Like a broken porcelain doll.
Odds and ends,
No one to believe in.
My life knocks on my door.
Throwing stones at my window.
At 4 in the morning.
And maybe it won't suck as much.
Walk away.
But slithers like a viper.
And gets me in the neck.
The thousand ways I try to forget.
I pretty much suffered in lightness and darkness.
Trying to suck the pain right out.
So many reasons.
I'm surely no like the rest.
In all due time, I hope to forget.
My heart checks me in.
Society kicks me down.
And chews you up and spits you out.
Messing with my sanity
By twisting all these thoughts around.
Sometimes it's blind.
Sometimes it waits.
But everytime it seeks my fate.
Pleasure without pain.
The odds and ends
My soul you'll never claim.

0 comments: