Disconnect

Saturday, June 22, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

Is this all life is then?
Only shallow breathes
Why the struggle for?
The world makes no sense.
Air is everywhere.
Filling the room as if in a trance.
Like two negatives
Or two positives.
It does it match
Nor does it attract
My soul on a piece of paper.
In a puddle of words.
Cliche' it may be.
I feel a disconnect
Something I cant get back
A crosswalk cut short
Between life or death and in-between.
Society treats me.
With drops of indifference.
Like a wild boar chased by bullets
In a quiet forest contemplating.
Walking barefeet in the sand.
Feeling the cold body of the hand
Nobody notices.
How beautifully it does not show.
Between me and the other world.
The world and the society we live in.
Slowly a subtle disconnect
In the damaged word we live in.

0 comments: