The Terror of Life and Better Things

Sunday, July 28, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

Is love really the light of the heart?
Getting rid of the heavy thing.
Wanting all my troubles to go away.
The terror of life and better things.
Wanting to be free.
Free as can be from this pain.
Walking the streets without jealousy.
What is this life selling me now?
Pennies for my thoughts?
Dimes for my stress?
Quarters for my heartbreak?
I guess the emotions coursing through my brain
Want to take all my loose change.
Incense to relax this pain in my chest.
Generations, and we continue to fall.
Listening to my heart.
Cast away the things I once heard.
Hear my soul instead of my words.
My mind in another zone.
If possible, a total diversion.
Anything to get from one day to the next.
Love, another fear.
Falling flat on my face like all the times before.
Nothing to hide.
But I need to run away this time.
These thoughts put tears in my eyes.
Options I thought I had.
And now I choose.
Lonely heart tears me apart.
Earplugs needed to tune it out.
Honest words turn into fables.
Everything now is made up of labels.
So tell me why nothing is right?
My emotions in constant fight?
The terror of life
Emotionally speaking.
Trying to make it and better things.

0 comments: