You Say, I Say, Ask For Too Much

Sunday, September 18, 2011 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

You say I ask for too much
Yet, I buy you things that you need.
Money does not mean much to me
But you continue to say I ask for too much.
You have practice everyday
Damn it, so do I
Yet, I ask for a simple text afterwards.
You tell me to calm down
But I am bending over backwards.
Excuse after excuse
Rolling around in my head loosely.
However, you continue to say I ask for too much.

You say you are on your way to my room
After you take a shower.
I call back hours later
You still haven’t let your room.
It is like you are putting on make-up and perfume.
I don’t do too much of that.
Well, not too much anyway.

Why, why you continue to say I am asking for too much?
Don’t rush.
Don’t rush?
What the hell is wrong with you?
You complain and complain
Though I do as well.

But you complain about what I do
…and how I do it?
…what I where?
…and how I should look.
You are sounding like all the other guys who claimed the same thing.
Over, and over, and over again!
So, you tell me I am asking for too much?

I am a girl who wants a man to settle down with.
Not a party animal!
Just because were college students
Doesn’t mean that does not exist.
Or does it?

You are dating a girl who wear lace up gloves
With a conservative business suit like in the movies
Or try to.
Who pretty much puts you high above.
Yet, you will rush over here in a split second
To have sex, in which you call it.
Countless of times, whatever it costs.
Get mad when I won’t.

Claiming I don’t fulfill you sexual desires too.
Come on babe.
There is just certain things I won’t do.
Get used to it.
Or can you?

Love calls enough
Your good qualities are higher than those
I know what is right
Even if I cry and yell at stuff.
I am a girl who can’t hold in those emotions anymore.
I will stop everything you think I am doing wrong
If you show some act of care
Not just a normal glare.

I love you anyways
For the flaws and all’s.
Maybe you can grow out of all this
Maybe you will stop saying I ask for too much.
And realized how much I do for you.
I will never leave you
Because you never cheated on me.
And you love me when you are not being self-centered sometimes.

0 comments: