Just Listen!

Monday, September 12, 2011 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments


Stop talking, just listen.
21 years of always being dissed.
You lecture me
The continuous lectures
Why?
You say I don’t care.
Yet, you tell me the same thing everyday
You love me. You are proud of me
How?
You can’t even tell me what means most to me
That is, if I asked.
You argue with me
The arguments back and forth
Up and around
Trying to wrap my head around
The way you think sometimes.
All you care about is what your vision of me should be.
Strict? I thought that.
Mean? Well you tell me
Time and time again I explain
What is there more to understand.
You say grow up
Though you never let me speak my mind.
There is so many things I aim to say
Though you always shut me down
Time and time again
Through my torn and shattered eyes.
With these blood flown tears ties.
I swallow my frustration and hope that this subsides
Yet, you are all I have.
So just shut up now.
Just listen to me for once in your life
Listen to what I have to say
Stop. Just stop
I go inside out to trying to understand
Back and forth through this father, daughter whirlwind
Round and round with no point of direction
You always think you are better
Maybe you should just stop acting like you are always right
You aren’t right and is wrong most of time
Especially about me
You don’t even know me anymore.
Or possibly you never knew me at all.
Though you are still my dad
But how come I love you anyway?

0 comments: