My 17tth Birthday

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

Being 17 breaks the glass,
New bond,
Returning bonds
Being 16 was the worst.
Shattered mirrors, painful ceiling,
Loveless, desolate exile bound.

Being 17 accoplishs riding the stormy clouds
My life is a soul I can compare it to a summer day
A bright light that brings happiness to all Summer fades
The leaves fall in ones and twos.

Don't want to relive the past.
Find new relationships.
May keep the same crush.
Forget all the hardships.
Everything will be different.

My life is a eye I see things and wonder, when will that be me?
Hoping they will see more to life and their future.
So it continues, my life as a teenager.
I've got to keep pushing on.

The sun doesn't shine all the time
There will be heartache and pain
But I take all the good and the bad
And I don't ever want to relive the past.

All this of a 17 year old girl, running through my head.
I know I got to be strong.
But sometimes I rather give up instead.

Don't tell me how to life my life
I won't let it.
I don't want to hear about your heartships
Because I've been there myself 10 times more than you.
Life still goes on
I am 17.
I am a survivor
That is what I realize.

0 comments: