Emotional Lines of Distraught, Don't Patronize Me

Saturday, April 13, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

This has no meter.
No beat.
No style.
No lines that long and linger for the comfort of a smile.
No form to be worth your while.
In some ways, it doesn't rhyme. 

It's imagery lacks depth and imagination.
No, it does not show potential.
It is not “clever” or “good” or “interesting.”

Quit feeding it lies.
Don't Patronize Me.

And if you dare write “nice”
Or “good” one more time in the margins,
I swear I am not .

This isn’t going on anyone’s fridge.
It does not deserve a “super” or an “A+.”
It deserves to die.

Do not be concerned with how I feel.
I’m thinking to myself, “let’s flush this fucker down.”


So as you’re sitting there, kindly, patiently reading
This beer guttural splatter,
Please just be honest.
Who are we kidding?
Stop it.
Don’t patronize me.

0 comments: