You Were Never Around, But I Still Fall

Monday, January 16, 2012 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments


Why are you not here?
I was not born to judge you.
Just born to love you.
Oh, somehow I thought it was a possibility.
You should be here by me

Tonight, I am letting it all go.
I still don’t know you
But you claim you love me.

Wait for it
I am tired of waiting for you
Wait for it
You kept my sisters from me
I’m done

When you gave birth me
I thought love was through your eyes
But I fall
When you gave birth to me
Never thought leaving was on your mind
But I fall again.

Let me continue, I have nothing for you.
You were never around, forgetting me somehow.
That I blame you bears the weight.
Falling for your shit again.

Wait for it
I thought I’ll be over it
Wait for it
You still doing those drugs
So I am done

When you gave birth to me
You lied to everyone and me
But I fall
When you gave birth to me
Your habits, not instilled in me
But I fall.

I declare myself done with you.
You will never change.
I thought you would try to get better
But it is all the same
Someone else has replaced you.

You were never around
Every night with tears in my eyes
I fall
You tried years ago
It hurts me ever so.
But I fall

Somehow I forgive you
Leaving me and my dad too
I fall over and over, over again.
You didn't see me graduate high school
Too bad, you wont see me graduate college either.
At the end, I don't want you there.

0 comments: