Trapped

Monday, August 19, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

A women's heart is a deep ocean of secrets.
Slave ship taking me back in chains towards its deepest.
I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it.
Waking up every morning not knowing what will happen.
The slightest attraction
Where I might possibly wind up.
Thinking I have no way out.
The last thing I need is me looking like a porcelain doll.
I was everything a well brought girl should be
But inside I am screaming.
I see my life as I already live it.
Always the same narrow minded people
Same mindless chatter.
I feel like I am standing in a great precipice
No one to pull me back.
Something I could possibly lack
No one who even cares or even noticed.
It is like being inside a dream
There is truth with no logic
I'm no physic
Don't presume to tell what I will or will not do.
You do not know me.
It is the inertia of my life
Plunging ahead and me powerless to stop it sometimes.
All the while I feel like I am standing in the middle of a crowded room
Screaming at the top of my lungs
And no one even bothers to looks up.
At the end of the day, I just feel trapped.

0 comments: