Artist Insomnia Spoken-Word

Monday, February 25, 2013 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

To reassure myself when I'm overwhelmed by the creeping sense of impending disaster and the all-encompassing fears both specified and vague that colonize my mind, body, and soul, all of which, from the completely far-fetched to the sometimes probable do me no good to contemplate and in fact make me miserable.

When I can't sleep, I write for passing the time when insomnia strikes and my brain is circling in on itself, cannibalizing the trivialities of the day and exaggerating the ticking of the clock, reminding me that every minute spent awake is another minute closer to when I'll have to get up, through many of the great artist and sages were insomniacs and thats part of how they got so much done. If I can't sleep then I might as well write and channel my misery into something productive.

0 comments: