Underneath This Smile

Sunday, March 16, 2008 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

Underneath, all you see
Is a soul crying.
Trying to get rid of the pain.
My heart forgot
What happiness feels like
But there is no one to mend this broken heart of mine.

Sitting here
Awake
Misery overwhelming
I am far too tired
to deal with this.

I’ve tried until I can not anymore.
My heart and soul is torn.
No matter whom I can like
He won’t want to be with me.

I sit here
And I cry
I laugh
but it’s a lie
I’ll tell you I’m fine
On the inside
But on the outside
I’m not.

This is how I feel
Underneath this smile

I try to hide it all
The feelings I feel inside
…but I am unable to too
By the mass variety of rejections
From many guys who I though would be the one.
Is he out there?
Or is it the figment of my imaginantion?

Lying in my bed
I am staring at my ceiling
Thinking of all
The good times
I dream of in fantasies.

Can one guy prove to me that he isn’t the same?
I feel as though I am not good enough
My heart is not tough
No matter how I feel
No one will want me for who I am.

I can feel
The tears
Flowing
From my eyes
All I am
Is thinking
Or happiness I never had.

This is how I feel
Underneath this smile.

0 comments: