Shatter-Proof Glass

Sunday, March 23, 2008 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

As I sit in my room
I close my eyes.
As though I am drifting into another world.

I see myself in happiness
I haven't even met you yet.
Wondering if that is you standing right in front of me.

I am dreaming of the day that I'll finally see you.
It is like looking through a shatter-proof glass
because I can see you but unable to even feel your hand.

Yet, I hear your voice
Surrounding my heart.
I know that you'll never part.

I am dreaming of you holding me
As we dance under the moonlit night.
Calling me "beautiful" under its pretty sight.

I finally open my eyes
I find myself stlll alone.
Where everyone else has left me before.

My cell-phone begins to ring.
It is you
Telling me how much you care about me.
Wondering if that shatter-proof glass will ever break
So I can hold your hand for the first time.

0 comments: