Broken: Reset Me

Sunday, February 17, 2008 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I am a girl whos heart has been broken more times than I can count and it has been put together with crazy glue and double stick tape trying to erasing the pain which is still there deep inside.

No one knows that I am pretending all alone. I fake the happiness like nothing was wrong. If you look in the mirror you'll see my broken smile, striving for perfection. I am just tired of being rejected.

I smile to hide the tears
Laugh to cover the fears
...but when the day is over
When the night has come
All you'll see is someone who wants to find pure happiness.

All I want is someone to wipe my tears away
Tell me that everything will be ok.
Restore all the self-esteem that was lost.
Fulfill the emptiness deep inside

To tell me the truth
...and hold me but never let go.
To understand how I feel
but deal with all my tears
No just once, be there everyday.
No matter how much or how many days I feel this way.

Unbreak my heart
To unfreeze my heart
Love me unconditionally
To wake me up from this dream
Call me beautiful and mean it
...and bring me back to reality

Never to judge me
Accept me for who I am and all my flaws
To see right inside of me
My heart and my soul

I am a girl whos heart has been broken more times than I can count and it has been put together with crazy glue and double stick tape trying to erasing the pain which is still there deep inside.

[Restart]
I'll be 18 soon
So someone just....
[Reset Me]

0 comments: