Love and Sacrifice; No Procreation

Friday, June 26, 2015 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

All I wanted was to fall in love.
To be genuinely in love with a man. 
Someone strong enough to keep me sane.
But vulnerable enough to let me in.

I treat my man like a king.
Or, at least, try to.
This is no meaningless fling.
This is true love I am feeling.

Even though he loves me the same.
There's one thing pushing him away.
He wants to have children.
Even though it is with me, I do not desire it.

I am amongst the statistic of 30%
Women who do not want to procreate.
Procreation is not my life purpose.
Our relationship is now damaged by fate.

Somehow that is not a real reason.
There is no pleasing.
I guess it's all over now.
I suppose love is not strong enough to keep us together.

When I love it is sacred.
It is unconditional, full of sacrifices.
At least he can be happy.
However, I may never be.

I am beginning to lose all hope to love.
However, he is the only one I love.
More than words can express.
It just wasn't strong enough to keep us together.

The worst part is I want no one else.
There is no one else like him
Thus, we are still living together.
I just want it to all be ok again.




0 comments: