Sacrifice (Spoken Word)

Saturday, July 19, 2014 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I was told my entire life that I could not do it. That it was not acceptable. That I was not able. The art of matriculation and academics is all I knew besides the constant nagging and bragging, bullying and pushing. Don't you know I have a mind of my own? My choices are my own. Some people wait for destiny's to touch to help pick their choices, decisions, and such. Change all those maybe's into yes' and no's. I have my own direct path that I chose. It is my decision. It is my choice to graduate from an HBCU, my choice to not want children in my future. Even though it may be a sin to others. It is my happiness. So please do not tell me I can not, or should not. I am not grown but I am of age to do as I please. If I have the time and the funds, I will do so as I please. I sacrifice my time for everyone. It is time to sacrifice for myself sometimes.

0 comments: