Articulate Matriculation

Sunday, July 20, 2014 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

We are not told to do things. We are afraid to do things anymore. What are we to do? We have to find a way to stand a chance. I'm hopeful for the future because I have to live through it. Maybe it is wishful thinking but as an African American, that's all I have. 

We can not get jobs because we are bypassed by the privileged. Try and try again, we are still rejected and limited. I do not understand. Why again am I labeled something I am not because I pronounce the -ing's at the end of my words. Don't dot my i's and cross my t's with a form a punctuation. Here is the situation. I'm not articulate. I'm just trying to survive like the rest of us. 

Without is failing and crying. We try. We have to make our own identity and create our own culture. We are trying to revert to the past we do not own. We have oy been out of slavery and segregation for a decade. Instead of changes, we are commuting crime disguised as change and against our own kind. 

Our generation and future generations are screwed. Our language is broken and shot. Our freedom is practically stolen and with all these changes, it betters those of higher power and not the human race. Identity is what we need to find. Not try to hide or claim someone else. Calling me articulate or smart translate to "you don't sound like other black people". Though I get that a lot. No one is better than anyone else. Everyone has their ways language, and dialects. Another way we need to find our identity, not in ourselves but as a race. 

0 comments: