Aftermath Of A Brokenheart

Sunday, October 05, 2008 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I close my eyes.
I see him there.
I open my eyes.
He is still in my head.
Separated and apart.
The pain comes from the heart.

Our song comes on.
I start to cry.
My love is still here.
But my heart is gone.

I look in the mirror
I see darkness.
Can not stop my tears
Of the love you once had.

I tried so hard.
To be the perfect girlfriend.
Yet it wasn't enough.
Because you just broke my heart.

No matter how I feel anymore.
It makes no difference.
No matter how torn.
I will keep my promise to you.

I made that promise.
Thinking we will be together forever.
No matter how egotistical you are.
My love for you is true to its form.

The way I love you
Is clearly different from the way you love me.
I stayed true.
But what did you do for me?

Do what you want.
I can not do a thing.
I will still love you.
Like we were going to be together for life!

0 comments: