Subtle Trust Issues

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

To this day
I still have trust issues,
Didn’t realize
Until today.

It is extremely hard sometimes for me
To believe in what others tell me.
Half the time I am listening
But I am thinking
Bullcrap, bullcrap, bullcrap.

Just recently
I became a flower.
Learning how to open up.
When the sun is shining down on me.
Even when I want to
It is hard to let strangers in

I could not pin point the problem.
I have been hurt but so have others.
Society is so corrupted.
So why can I accept it?
Why do I refuse to trust people?

They seem to car for a few days and then after
It seems they do not care once you have opened up.
Society is in steady laughter
But I do not want to miss opportunities as they come up.

I figure how they break me.
My dreams and inspirations
They understand my character from within.
It is then used against me.

These trust issues linger
Because they break me by using me,

Against myself.

0 comments: