Love Like This

Friday, October 29, 2010 Mellyssa A. Diggs 0 Comments

I open my eyes and before I can focus
I hear the gentle whirring of the fan.
Slowly I turn my head.
And I find you there laying next to me.

I look at you as if you are a surprise left on my pillow.
By God or some heavenly deliverer.
I comb over your body with my eyes;
Not wanting to touch you yet.

I just want to watch you in your restful slumber.
Gently, I place my hand on yiu face.
and smooth my way down your back.
Muscles rippling and relaxed.

You awaken and the first action you take
Is to hold me in your arms and kiss me.
You love me.
My heart beats differently when you are around.

I just know that when you are with me
I feel as if no worries exist...
I can do anything, tell you anything
and you will still be there for me.

Each time I see you
I want to be in your arms
Remind you of my love for you
And always be forever yours.

0 comments: